Beefy Butternut Enchiladas
If you love Mexican food, you'll love this Beefy Butternut Enchiladas recipe from Food Fitness by Paige. Each hearty serving is only 410 calories,
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) Keystone Beef
- 1 Roma tomato, diced and drained on paper towel several hours
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small (approx. 14 oz) butternut squash, trimmed, seeded and diced
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15 oz) beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 low carb flour La Tortilla Factory tortillas
- 2 oz (approx. 1/2 cup) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions diced
- Dice Roma tomato, drain on paper towel (several hours if possible).
- Shave skin of butternut squash with a potato peeler, slice off ends, cut in half and scrape seeds, dice and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and lay on foil lined cookie sheet (season if desired with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder), bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Stir and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining Tbsp. olive oil, onion and cayenne pepper til golden brown in large skillet, then stir in both cans drained beans, beef and roasted butternut squash.
- Add a 1/2 cup enchilada sauce to bottom of casserole dish and a 1/2 cup to shallow bowl. Dip each tortilla shell in sauce and add 1/8 of beef mix, roll up and add to a casserole dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Pour last 1/2 cup sauce over all 8 enchiladas, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated cheese, tomato and green onion.