Brisket Biscuit Casserole
Our Brisket Biscuit Casserole ... Is it a hearty family meal on a cold winters night or is it a meaty dinner after a long day of raking leaves? Or do you make this recipe when you need a quick and tasty meal anytime? The answer is up to you because when you use fully cooked Keystone Beef,you not only go from prep to table in less than 30 minutes, you get a full-flavored meal anytime of the year.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Beef, drained
- 1 cup Keystone Beef Broth
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, salt and pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until mushrooms are brown.
- Stir in flour, cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Gradually stir in Keystone Broth and milk; lower heat to simmering, stirring frequently until thickened. Stir in Keystone Beef.
- Add mixture in to a 9" x 12" baking pan. Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths. Top brisket mixture with biscuit pieces.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.