Cajun Pork Mac and Cheese
You don't have to visit New Orleans to get a taste of authentic Cajun Pork Mac and Cheese. This not-too-spicy cheesy recipe has the perfect blend of seasonings to go along with the time saving, fully cooked Keystone Pork. It's so easy to prepare, you'll whip this mac and cheese recipe any day of the week ... Laissez les bon temps rouler!
- 1/2 can (28 oz) Keystone Pork, drained
- 3 cups macaroni
- 4 tsp. oil
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups green or red bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Cajun spice
- 4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet along with the onions and bell peppers. Sauté for 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, cajun spice, cayenne, salt, nutmeg, and cornstarch and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Continue stirring while slowly adding the milk. Constantly stir until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Keystone Pork, mix well. Add 3 cups of the cheddar cheese and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Add in the noodles to the mixture. Transfer mixture to an 9” x 13” inch baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.