Cambodian Pork Tacos
Are you ready for a delicious twist on the average taco recipe? A big thank you goes out to Minxeats.com for this tasty Cambodian Pork Tacos recipe. The secret ingredient? Coconut milk! It adds just the right amount of sweetness that blends well with Keystone Pork. And because Keystone Meats are fully cooked and recipe ready, you'll get your tacos faster than the corner food truck.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Pork, drained
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 dried New Mexico chiles, seeded and deveined, ground to a powder
- 2 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- flour tortillas
- Pickled red onion and fresh cilantro, to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the pork and the ground chiles powder, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic and shallot and cook a minute or two, stirring regularly, so the garlic does not burn.
- Stir in the coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, and peanuts. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until the shallots have softened. Taste for seasoning and add salt or more fish sauce or both.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to make them more pliable. Add a few spoonsful of the pork mixture, top with pickled onion and cilantro and eat.