Cheesy Turkey and Mashed Potato Balls
Our Turkey and Mashed Potato Balls are perfect as a hearty appetizer or a light meal. A great use for your leftover mashed potatoes!
- 1 can (28 oz.) Keystone Turkey, shredded
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Gravy or ranch dressing, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, Keystone Turkey, scallions, cheese and eggs until well combined. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate large bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out about 3 tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Repeat the scooping, rolling and breading process with the remaining mashed potato mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Add the vegetable oil to a large heavy-bottomed stockpot and attach the deep-fry thermometer to the side. Heat the oil until it reaches 360°F. Carefully add a few of the mashed potato balls to the oil and cook them, turning occasionally, until they’re golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon or colander, transfer the mashed potato bites to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately season them with salt. Add the remaining mashed potato balls to the oil, returning the oil to 360°F between each batch.
- Serve the mashed potato bites with gravy or ranch dressing for dipping.