Classic Coney Dog Sauce
Is your family tired of boring hot dogs? Then it's time to top your dog with our easy-to-make Classic Coney Sauce. This hearty chili sauce makes a tasty topping for french fries, nachos, burgers or even use as a dip.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cheddar cheese as topper
- Drain can of Keystone Ground Beef and add with onion in a large skillet over medium heat ... stirring to crumble beef, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and both peppers. Cover and simmer on low setting for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot dogs or use as a topping on French fries. Top with cheese.