Easy Cheesy Mexican Beef Casserole
Enjoy your favorite Mexican restaurant entree without ever leaving your home! This easy recipe uses ingredients you already have in your pantry. Try substituting ground beef with a can of Keystone Chicken.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups shredded lettuce (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat onions until the onions are simmering. Add Keystone Ground Beef, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add soups and 1/2 soup can of water.
- Line bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 4 tortillas, torn into pieces.
- Layer with 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 chilies and 1/2 cheese. Layer one more time.
- Bake in preheated 325° F oven 45 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, if desired.