Mexi Mac ‘n Cheese
We took the traditional mac 'n cheese recipe and crossed the border for the flavor your family will love. Our Mexi Mac and Cheese adds just the right amount of heat to your dinner table. And, because you use recipe ready Keystone Ground Beef, you cut prep time in half. ¡Muy bien!
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Ground Beef, drained
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- 1-3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz) Velveeta-type cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup green onion for garnish (optional)
- Mix Keystone Ground Beef in large skillet and heat medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, salsa and chili powder. Bring to boil. Stir in macaroni and cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until most the water is absorbed. Add bell peppers, mix well.
- Add cheese; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until completely melted, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with green onions. ¡Muy bien!