Potato Topper Mac and Cheese
How fun is this recipe? Fun! And because you use potato chips as the topping, it adds a unique savory taste that blends well with Keystone Turkey. It's also a great way to use up the potato chips at the bottom of the bag.
- 1/2 can (28 oz) Keystone Turkey, shredded
- 7 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup potato chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water for 6 minutes. Remove pasta from pasta water (keep pasta water for next step) and set aside.
- Add broccoli and sliced carrots to boiling water. Cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large sauté pan. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk and mustard, stirring continuously.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and cream cheese until well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add macaroni noodles, Keystone Turkey, and vegetables until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish. Top the casserole with crushed potato chips. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until brown. Enjoy!