Pumpkin Chicken Curry
Do you get pumped for pumpkin spice? Then, you’ll love this healthy and hearty dish full of warm spices and creamy coconut milk. It’s a nice welcome on those cooler fall nights. And because you use fully cooked Keystone Chicken, this recipe can be whipped up any day of the week. 2023 Keystone Cookbook Recipe.
- 2 cans (28 oz) Keystone Chicken
- 1 cup Keystone Chicken Broth
- 1/2 can Pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1/2 Onion, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet heat and on a medium heat. Add chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes on each size. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel, return to a heat and add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, tomato sauce, heavy cream, chicken broth, Curry powder, Cayenne pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring the sauce to a low simmer.
- Add chicken to a pumpkin sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice or pasta.