Quick Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Broccoli Cheddar Soup may be the perfect warm-me-up on a cold winter’s day, but when you add fully cooked Keystone Chicken to the recipe, it becomes a hearty dinner that’s perfect anytime of the year!
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Chicken, drained
- 2 cans (27 oz) Keystone Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 bag (14-oz) broccoli florets, frozen
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large bread bowls with center cut out
- In an 8 quart pot, add olive oil and Keystone Chicken and heat on medium-high.
- Add pepper and paprika and stir. Add Keystone Chicken Broth and cover. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and broccoli. Replace cover. Cook until rice is almost tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and flour. Mash with fork until completely combined. Add flour mixture to soup. Stir to combine.
- Add cheese. Stir and reduce to simmer, about 5 minutes. Soup will thicken while it sits.
- Scoop soup into crusty bread bowls. Enjoy!