Quick Good Luck Pork & Sauerkraut
It's said that eating pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day brings good luck for the upcoming year. Whether you're ringing in the new year or making a batch for the whole family on a summer Sunday, you'll have this meal on the table in under 10 minutes … lucky for you and your family!
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Pork
- vegetable oil (optional)
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- mashed potatoes, for serving (optional)
- applesauce, for serving (optional)
- Heat a tablespoon or two of oil in a skillet.
- Add the Keystone Pork, sauerkraut, including the brine, onion and apple in the skillet. You may need to add up to 2 cups water if your kraut is fairly dry. Bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook medium until warm throughout.
- Serve in bowls over mashed potatoes, or with applesauce on the side, if desired.