Quick Southwestern Beef Soup
This robust and colorful soup is packed with everything you look for after a long snowy winter day. And when you use Keystone Beef, you'll go from stovetop to tabletop in under 15 minutes.
- 1 can (28 oz.)of Keystone Beef, drained
- 2 cups Keystone Beef Broth
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, optional
- Heat a small nonstick Dutch oven over medium-heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion, garlic, Keystone Beef, and jalapeño to pan; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and next five ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and add sour cream (optional).