Roasted Broccoli Mac and Cheese
We all love the classic mac and cheese, but sometimes you want a more adult version. The secret to this recipe is in using goat cheese and Keystone Chicken. And because you add roasted broccoli, your kids will stick to their own basic cheesy mac.
- ½ can (28 ounce) Keystone Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb fresh broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tsp salt
- 12 oz cavatappi noodles
- 5 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz goat cheese, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook cavatappi noodles per package instructions until al dente. Save 1½ cups pasta water.
- Place broccoli on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly charred.
- In the same pot the pasta was cooked in, combine Keystone Chicken, butter, goat cheese, salt, one cup pasta water and heat on low. Whisk until cheese is melted and cheese sauce is smooth.
- Add pasta back into the pot and stir. Add broccoli and toss. Add remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water, as needed, to smooth out the sauce. Continue stirring to mix the pasta and cheese sauce. Serve warm with crusty bread.