Shredded Chicken and Waffles
We all love Chicken and Waffles, but who has the time to bread and fry up chicken? That's why we came up with the flavors you love in an easy and delicious shredded chicken recipe using fully cooked Keystone Meats. And the best part is, you cut the prep and cook time so you have time to whip up a homemade batch of waffles. Naw, the toaster variety works just fine!
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Chicken, drained
- 1 cup Keystone Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 3/4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6-8 waffles
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Maple syrup, optional
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the Cajun seasoning and onions and cook, stirring for 2minutes.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in the Keystone Chicken Broth and milk and bring to a simmer. Whisk often while simmering about 2 minutes or until thick.
- Add the Keystone Chicken and stir until hot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Scoop over prepared waffles and drizzle maple syrup on top.