Skillet Lasagna Florentine
This light, protein-packed recipe is brimming with all the classic lasagna flavors but is made with spinach as a stand in for noodles. Keystone Ground Beef, a few ingredients, one pan and you have a meal you can feel great about serving. Besides the delicious taste and convenience of Keystone Meats, this recipe is a great way to keep in line with a low carbohydrate diet. A special thank you to Shauna H., one of our "Beef Up Family Time Recipe Contest" finalists.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 cans (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, torn
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
- Set a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add Keystone Ground Beef (drained), salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning and tomato sauce. Allow mixture to simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the tomato sauce thickens.
- Add the spinach and stir it in gently allowing it to wilt. Place the cottage cheese in dollops over the top of the lasagna. Sprinkle on the mozzarella.
- Cover with a lid for a few minutes to allow the mozzarella to melt. Finish the dish with some torn parsley, Parmesan cheese and an extra dash of pepper if desired.