Southwestern Roast Beef & Cheddar Sandwiches
It’s a Philly Cheesesteak but with a southwestern twist you’re gonna love! Use Keystone Beef Broth for added au jus flavor. A special thank you to Mary S. one of our “Beef Up Family Time Recipe Contest” finalists.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Beef
- 1 cup Keystone Beef Broth (divided use)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened (divided use)
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into thin slices then, cut in half
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 14-inch x 3-inch strips
- 1/2 tsp. southwest seasoning
- 8 slices top-seeded Italian bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon and 3/4 cup of Keystone Beef Broth over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove onion and bell pepper and place in colander to drain.
- Add remaining broth, Keystone Beef and seasoning to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated, stirring often. Drain well.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each bread slice with butter. With buttered side down, spread 1/4 cup of cheese onto four slices of bread.
- Divide beef, onion and peppers and remaining cheese onto each. Top with a second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches one or two at a time, until golden brown on each side, turning once.
- Serve immediately.