Tinfoil Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
You don't need to travel to Philadelphia for the authentic taste of a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. Everyone knows the secret to a great Philly is the tender beef slowly cooked to perfection. Who has time for that? No worries! With recipe ready Keystone Meats you'll get USDA premium beef ... prepared in half the time! When you serve this Philly, you'll not only get "Brotherly Love" you'll get a whole lotta "Sisterly Love," too!
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Beef
- 1 large loaf french bread
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (red, green, or yellow)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 18 oz mozzarella cheese slices
- Cut 1 1⁄2” slices into the bread without cutting all the way through the bottom. Melt the butter, stir in the garlic powder, then brush on the inside of each slice of bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Slice the bell peppers and onion into thin slices, then sprinkle with salt and saute until soft and the onion is translucent. (If making this recipe while camping, this step can be done ahead of time and stored until needed.) Add Keystone Beef and heat.
- Divide the pepper/onion mixture into every other slice in the bread (this will make it so you have a clean top and bottom for each sandwich). Portion the meat on top of the veggies, then top with cheese.
- Spray the inside of your foil, then wrap the loaf twice with foil (this helps keep the bread from burning). Place near the fire/hot coals, and cook for 20-30 minutes until heated through and cheese is melty.
- To serve, slice in the cuts that don’t have toppings in them, creating individual sandwiches.