Traditional Mexican Tostada
This is one of our favorite Mexican recipes, it's not only full of flavor but because you use fully cooked Keystone Ground Beef you don't have all that greasy stove clean up. Spice it up any way you like - your family will be yelling "Ay, Caramba" at the dinner table in no time.
- 1 can (14 oz) Keystone Ground Beef
- 8 corn tortillas, fresh
- 2 cups of oil (for frying) the tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 2 cups of lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups of shredded cheese or cotija
- 1 1/2 cups of salsa
- Mexican crema (optional)
- Cook refried beans per the instructions.
- Warm the Keystone Ground Beef, add the tomato, onion. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry 1-2 tortillas at a time until firm. Pat dry and set aside.
- Spread the beans on the fried tortillas, add the beef, lettuce and tomatoes, and top with sliced avocado, cheese, Mexican crema, and salsa.