Turkey with Cream Mushroom Sauce
Don't be fooled by the simple ingredients of this recipe, our Turkey with Cream Mushroom Sauce is rich and flavorful. Spoon over mashed potatoes or egg noodles for a little extra punch.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Turkey
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Keystone Chicken Soup Base in 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Parsley to garnish, optional
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and diced onions and sauté until soft and golden.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and sauté until soft and golden. Remove mushrooms and onions from pan.
- In the same hot pan, add 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter. Once melted, whisk in 3 Tbsp. flour. Cook, whisking continually until roux is a golden brown then whisk in 2 cups of Keystone Chicken Soup Base mix.
- Bring to a simmer and season to taste.
- Add mushrooms/onions back to the pan. Stir in Keystone Turkey and heat until turkey is just heated through. Garnish with finely chopped parsley if desired.